It’s summer! Time to make great memories!
Share with us your wonderful photos and win prizes! The contest will be on EO’s social media pages on Facebook and Instagram.
We’ll share a summer theme every week on a Tuesday during the month of July. All you need to do is post your photo as a comment under our Facebook post and add a caption describing the photo. On Instagram, you can post your photo and caption on your account. Don’t forget to tag us using @myenglishonlinemb and #EOSummerinMB2023 so we can find your post.
Encourage your family and friends to “like” and comment on their favourite photos. Criteria for judging will be 80% engagement (likes and reactions) and 20% content and composition. The winner for the week will be announced the following Tuesday.
The contest begins on the first week of July.
- Encourage recreation this summer, particularly for newcomers to explore and learn about MB.
- Practice learners’ writing skills through caption writing.
- Provide a safe and encouraging space for the EO Community to share their summer experiences.
Each participant who is a registered EO client will win an EO token. One token per participant will be given regardless of the number of entries.
A weekly “photo of the week” will be declared the following Tuesday. The winner wins an EO swag bag containing a tumbler, pen, keychain, post-its, lip balm, notebook, camera cover, and microfiber cloth. The winner of the week must also be a registered EO client.
Prizes will be mailed to all winners. Please allow 3-4 weeks for preparation, mailing, and delivery.
CONTEST RULES & MECHANICS:
- The contest is open to the EO Community on Facebook and Instagram. However only EO registered clients are eligible to win prizes.
- Participants should have an active account on Facebook or Instagram.
- Since posting photos as a comment is not available on Instagram, you can post using your account and tag us (@myenglishonlinemb) so we can find your photo.
- Participants can post their entries from the time the theme is posted (Tuesday, 10 am) until Sunday 12 midnight.
- Entries submitted outside the specified timeframe (per week) will not be considered.
How to Enter:
- Participants must post their original photo(s) on the EO Facebook page (Your English Online) as comments on the Theme of the Week post, or on their Instagram accounts tagging @myenglishonlinemb.
- Photos must be owned by submitter. Images cannot be generated by AI.
- Each entry must have a short caption describing the photo and answering the theme question.
- Each participant may add the hashtag #EO SummerinMB2023.
- Participants can only win one token per week and only once as “photo of the week” but they can join as any times as they like.
- EO staff and board may enter (but are not eligible for prizes).
- Participants can like/love their own entry (and ask others to react and/or comment on their photo). Anybody (not EO clients) may like or react to posts. Engagement is counted until Monday at 12 noon of the following week.
- Photos must be original and taken by the participant.
- Only digital photos will be accepted.
- Photos must have good resolution.
- There is no limit to the number of photos each participant can submit each week.
- Photos showing or promoting hate speech, harassment, nudity, and graphic violence will be deleted without notice.
- Only entries by registered EO clients will be reviewed.
- Photos, to be judged, must be relevant to the theme.
- All entries must be accompanied by a caption that answers the theme prompt or provides a quick description.
- Entries will be judged based on the following:
- 80% – Engagement (likes (1 pt.), reactions (love 2 pts.), comments (2 pts.))
- 20% -Creativity (content – Closeness of photo and caption to theme; and composition, to be judged by EO Team).
- The decision of the EO judging panel is final and binding.
- A winner will be announced every Tuesday the following week on the contest’s official social media accounts and on the EO Community group on Skype.
- Winners will be notified via a direct message or tag on social media.
- Winners must respond via DM to provide their email and contact details (for mailing of prizes).
- Prizes will be mailed to all winners. Please allow 3-4 weeks for preparation, mailing, and delivery.
Intellectual Property Rights:
- By participating, entrants grant the contest organizers a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use the submitted photos for promotional purposes.
- Participants retain the copyright and ownership of their photos.
- Any violation of the contest rules or submission of inappropriate or offensive content will result in immediate disqualification.
- The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify or remove any entry without prior notice or explanation.
Participants agree to allow the contest organizers to use their names and submitted photos for promotional purposes related to the contest.
The contest organizers will not be held responsible for any technical issues, damages, or losses during the contest.