Workplace Communications (WorkCom) is a 4 week course. This course focuses on must-haves for successful communication at work: speaking formally, writing professional emails, giving presentations, telephoning and more. If you want to gear yourself up with these essential skills, then this course is for you.
The course has been designed for levels CLB 5-8.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Introduce yourself in formal and casual situations
- Use indirect questions to make requests
- Apply soft skills to various workplace scenarios
- Write a formal email
- Use telephone professionally
- Make a presentation
How this course works
- You start the course with assessment of your skills to identify areas you need to improve.
- Each week you complete a set of self study, group study and pair work activities . You receive feedback from your eFacilitator and peers as you go through the course.
- At the end of the course, you take skills assessment again to measure your progress.
- Upon completion of all assignments, you obtain a Certificate of Participation.
There is no formal assessment on this course. You will complete two self-assessments: before you start the course and after you finish to measure your own progress. The e-Facilitator and your peers will offer feedback on various activities you complete throughout the course. Upon successful completion, you will receive a Certificate of Participation.
You are expected to participate in all activities to maximise your and others’ learning. That said, this is a self-directed course and you can adapt the course activities to your goals, needs and availability. If you miss a virtual class, we recommend that you discuss any questions you may have with peers on the discussion forum.
To join weekly workshops , you will need a headset and a microphone. Webcam optional. Please make sure you have tested your microphone and webcam well BEFORE the class starts.
How to Join
- Add the course to your profile. This tells the eFacilitator that you have joined the course.
- Start working on the activities by selecting an appropriate week below.
- Note: Participation available to registered users only.
Please login to view e-facilitator contact information.