About Swan Valley:
Picturesque Swan Valley is surrounded by lakes and mountains. It is bordered by the Duck Mountains to the south, Porcupine Mountains to the North, Thunder Hill to the west and Lake Winnipegosis along the east side. This is why the area boasts of many swimming, hiking and camping opportunities, as well as other recreational activities like hunting and fishing. The area’s economy is based mainly on agriculture, forestry products and tourism.
Swan Valley is home to over 12,000 people residing in communities such as Alpine, Baden, Barrows, Bellsite, Benito, Birch River, Briggs Spurr, Bowsman, Camperville, Cowan, Duck Bay, Durban, Kenville, Lenswood, Mafeking, Minitonas, Pine Creek First Nation, Pine River, Pulp River, Renwer, Sapotaweyak Cree Nation, Sclater, Swan River, and Wuskwi Sipihk First Nation. It also has a trading population of approximately 30,000. Aside from scenic views and fertile areas, Swan Valley boasts of friendly, outgoing and accommodating people.
SWAN VALLEY SETTLEMENT & IMMIGRANT SERVICES
Settlement services offered:
- Information and orientation about life in Canada and Swan River Valley.
- Help filling out forms for Manitoba health card, SIN, child tax benefits, travel documents.
- Settlement guide
- Support Information and assistance concerning immigration issues, Citizenship, Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program, Permanent Resident cards, Family sponsorship and more.
- Help in finding community services such as schools, doctors, dentists etc.
- Pre-arrival information and assistance.
- Language referral
- Translation and interpretive services
- Employment and Training referrals
- Support and advocacy as required
- Commissioner of Oaths and Notary public Services for Immigration/training documents
- Liaison and information for the community regarding issues that concern immigrants.
Contact person: Yuliia Haletska, Settlement Services Coordinator
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 204 734 9874
We'd love to hear from you!
Please login to tell us what you think.