What is volunteering?
- Giving your time and energy to an organization without payment.
- It is working for free.
- But you decide how much time you can give. You can say when you are available.
Help others while you help yourself.
- Experience the Canadian tradition of giving back to the community.
- Feel good about yourself.
- Volunteering helps newcomers:
Watch this interview below:
How to volunteer:
Know the organization before you apply.Know the job and the required hours.Check the requirements for applying to the position.Some jobs require security checks. It can be a Criminal Background/Record or Child Abuse Registry check. They will tell you after the interview.Remember that it is a commitment when they accept you.Work honestly. Do your best.Have fun!
- Look for a cause you believe in.
- Choose a non-profit or charity organization.
- Evaluate your skills. Look for an organization that needs your skills.
- Search for volunteer opportunities.
Back to top
We'd love to hear from you!
Please login to tell us what you think.