Why should you learn with English Online?

You are reading the Original Version (CLB5+) Read Simple Version (CLB3-4)

Skip to:

We know that your first few days in Manitoba will be busy. You need to know your new environment, set up a home, look for a job, learn a new language, and many other things.

It can be overwhelming.

If this describes what you’re feeling right now, you’ve come to the right website!

English Online is where you can get English language training, as well as tips and guides, at your own pace. With our flexible learning options and online delivery, you can learn when you want and when it’s convenient for you.

Why should you learn with us?

  • You get quality language training from TESL-certified instructors in a welcoming an positive environment.
  • Classes are based on relevant and up-to-date information about settling in Manitoba. You can also read our guides and tips whenever you want. They are online 24/7.
  • You don’t have to travel. You can learn in the comfort of your own home. All you need is a computer, tablet or mobile device with Internet connection and you’re all set! You save time, money and effort.
  • If you’re on-the-go, you can still learn with us anywhere, anytime (Please stop or park somewhere. We want you to be safe)!
  • You gain digital skills. Digital or computer skills is one of the nine essential skills needed in the Canadian workplace.
  • We have flexible learning options. You can choose to learn via:

Drop-in Classes

You can work with other newcomers and an e-facilitator to discuss settlement needs and practice English. We have:

LINC Home Study

The LINC Home Study Program is for those who cannot attend a face-to-face English classes in Manitoba due to work or personal circumstances like illness, disability, conflicting work schedules, or distance. Students are matched with a TESL-certified instructor who will monitor and assess your progress. You will receive a LINC certificate upon completion.

e-Volunteer Program

Be paired with an e-Volunteer who can guide you about settling in Manitoba (Settlement e-Coach) or provide one-on-one English language lessons (EAL/ESL e-Tutor). You can get a minimum of 10 hours up to a maximum of 20 hours of personalized online sessions (in a span of 12 weeks). You can schedule your sessions with your tutor and decide your learning goals or the priority topics you’d like to discuss or learn more about.


  • Best of all: Learning with us is FREE, FLEXIBLE, and EFFECTIVE.
    Watch this video to know what and how to learn with English Online:

    How to join English Online:

    If you are:

    • A permanent resident of Canada currently living in Manitoba (not a citizen yet)
    • An individual who has been selected, inside of Manitoba, to become a permanent resident and have been informed by a letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC, formerly CIC)
    • A protected person as defined in Section 95 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
    • A Ukrainian temporary resident

    you can register with us!

    We accept eligible applicants already residing in Manitoba. If you are still in your home country, you are welcome to use various resources on our website. Get in touch with us once you arrive and we’ll help you register! We look forward to helping you settle smoothly in Manitoba!

    REGISTER online or call 204-946-5140. You can also write on the comment box below or email info@myenglishonline.ca if you have questions. See you online!
    Article updated May, 2023.

    Back to top

    We'd love to hear from you!

    Please login to tell us what you think.

    Related Learning Activities

    Become an Autonomous Language Learner (B-ALL)

    2 chat bubbles with maple leaves in them

    Course description Abbreviated as B-ALL, Become an Autonomous Language Learner is a five-unit course with English Online Inc. The course… Read more »

    iEnglish Activities

    Article thumbnail fallback

    iEnglish is a set of resources and videos to give learners the tools they need to take more ownership for… Read more »

    Back to top

    CC BY-NC-SAText of this page is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA, unless otherwise marked. Please attribute to English Online Inc. and link back to this page where possible. For images and videos, check the source for licensing information.