We know that a newcomer’s first few days and months are filled with so much activity. You are busy learning about your new environment, setting up a home, looking for a job, and learning all that you can about Canada.
If you can relate to this, then you’ve come to the right website!
Live & Learn is your one stop shop for getting the information and training that a Manitoban newcomer needs. Even if you have limited time, our flexible learning options will help you integrate successfully and quickly in Manitoba!
Why should you learn with us?
- You don’t have to travel. You can learn in the comfort of your own home. All you need is a computer, tablet or mobile device with Internet connection and you’re all set! You save time, money and effort.
- If you’re on-the-go, you can still learn with us anywhere, anytime (Just stop or park somewhere. We would want you to be safe)!
- You can get relevant and up-to-date information about settling in Manitoba 24/7. We have articles on 12 settlement themes like Employment, Education, Living in Manitoba, Health, and many more.
Group Study – You can work with other newcomers and an e-facilitator to discuss settlement needs and practice English. We have:
Self-Study – Be a self-directed learner! Learn through:
- LINC Homestudy Program– if you cannot attend a face-to-face English class in Manitoba, you can enroll in LINC Homestudy. You will be matched with an e-Facilitator who will monitor and assess your progress. You will receive a LINC certificate upon completion.
- E-Volunteer Program – You will be matched with an EAL e-Tutor, a Career e-Mentor or Settlement e-Volunteer depending on your needs. Volunteers are established Manitobans who meet with learners online (Skype) to teach English, share tips, resources and other valuable information. Learn about our volunteer e-tutors here.
Peer to peer Learning – Registered learners participate in various discussion forums on the site. You can share, comment, and react to posts and practice your language skills.
Watch this video to know more about Live and Learn:
How to join Live & Learn:
If you are a:
- Permanent Resident of Canada currently living in Manitoba (not a citizen yet)
- Individuals who have been selected, inside of Manitoba, to become permanent residents and have been informed by a letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC, formerly CIC)
- Protected persons as defined in Section 95 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
You can register with us!
REGISTER online or call 204-946-5140. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org. See you online!
We'd love to hear from you!
Please login to tell us what you think.