We know that a newcomer’s first few days and months are busy. You need to familiarize yourself with your new environment, set up a home, look for a job, learn a new language, and many other things.
If this describes you, then you’ve come to the right website!
Live & Learn is your one stop shop for getting the information and training that a new Manitoban needs. Even if you have limited time, our flexible learning options will help you integrate successfully and quickly in Manitoba.
Why should you learn with us?
- You will get relevant and up-to-date information about settling in Manitoba 24/7. We have articles on 12 settlement themes like Employment, Education, Living in Manitoba, Health, and many more.
- You will get quality language training from TESL-certified instructors in a welcoming an positive environment.
- You don’t have to travel. You can learn in the comfort of your own home. All you need is a computer, tablet or mobile device with Internet connection and you’re all set! You save time, money and effort.
- If you’re on-the-go, you can still learn with us anywhere, anytime (Please stop or park somewhere. We want you to be safe)!
- You gain digital skills. Digital or computer skills is one of the nine essential skills needed in the Canadian workplace.
- We have flexible learning options. You can choose to learn via:
You can work with other newcomers and an e-facilitator to discuss settlement needs and practice English. We have:
- Virtual Coffee Chats
- Multi-Week Workshops
- Lunch & Learn: Language Tip of the Week
- Reading Club and Advanced Reading Club
- Writing Workshop and Advanced Writing Workshop
- Other resources/events
LINC Home Study
The LINC Home Study Program is for those who cannot attend a face-to-face English classes in Manitoba due to work or personal circumstances like illness, disability, conflicting work schedules, or distance. Students are matched with a TESL-certified instructor who will monitor and assess your progress. You will receive a LINC certificate upon completion.
Watch this video to know how to learn with Live and Learn:
How to join Live & Learn:
If you are a:
- Permanent Resident of Canada currently living in Manitoba (not a citizen yet)
- Protected persons as defined in Section 95 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Temporary foreign worker and spouse (married or common law) or adult dependent (children 18 to 23 years old)
- Refugee claimant and spouse or adult dependent
- Spouse or adult dependent of a study permit holder but not the study permit holder themselves
- Canadian citizen – born in Canada, who presents as a newcomer and their spouse or adult dependent
- Canadian citizen – naturalized
- Canadian citizen – by descent
you can register with us!
We only accept eligible applicants already residing in Manitoba. If you are still in your home country, you are welcome to use various resources and settlement information on our website. Get in touch with us once you arrive in Manitoba and register! We look forward to helping you settle smoothly in Manitoba.
REGISTER online or call 204-946-5140. You can also write on the comment box below or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. See you online!
Article updated August 23, 2021.
We'd love to hear from you!
Please login to tell us what you think.