We know that a newcomer’s first few days and months are filled with so much activity. You are busy learning about your new environment, setting up a home, looking for a job, and learning all that you can about Canada.
If you can relate to this, then you’ve come to the right website!
Live & Learn is your one stop shop for getting the information and training that a Manitoban newcomer needs. Even if you have limited time, our flexible learning options will help you integrate successfully and quickly in Manitoba!
Why should you learn with us?
- You don’t have to travel. You can learn in the comfort of your own home. All you need is a computer, tablet or mobile device with Internet connection and you’re all set! You save time, money and effort.
- If you’re on-the-go, you can still learn with us anywhere, anytime (Just stop or park somewhere. We would want you to be safe)!
- You can get relevant and up-to-date information about settling in Manitoba 24/7. We have articles on 12 settlement themes like Employment, Education, Living in Manitoba, Health, and many more.
- You gain digital skills. Digital or computer skills is one of the nine essential skills needed in the Canadian workplace.
- We have flexible learning options. You can choose:
You can work with other newcomers and an e-facilitator to discuss settlement needs and practice English. We have:
Be a self-directed learner! Learn through:
- E-Volunteer Program – You will be matched with an EAL e-Tutor, a Career e-Mentor or Settlement e-Volunteer depending on your needs. Volunteers are established Manitobans who meet with learners online (Skype) to teach English, share tips, resources and other valuable information. Learn about our volunteer e-tutors here.
- LINC Home Study Program– if you cannot attend a face-to-face English class in Manitoba, you can enroll in LINC Home Study. You will be matched with an e-Facilitator who will monitor and assess your progress. You will receive a LINC certificate upon completion.
Peer to peer Learning
Registered learners participate in various discussion forums on the site. You can share, comment, and react to posts and practice your language skills.
Watch this video to know more about Live and Learn:
How to join Live & Learn:
If you are a:
- Permanent Resident of Canada currently living in Manitoba (not a citizen yet)
- Individuals who have been selected, inside of Manitoba, to become permanent residents and have been informed by a letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC, formerly CIC)
- Protected persons as defined in Section 95 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Temporary foreign worker and spouse (married or common law) or adult dependent (children 18 to 23 years old)
- Refugee claimant and spouse or adult dependent
- Canadian born citizen who presents as a newcomer and spouse or adult dependent
- Spouse or adult dependent of a study permit holder but not the study permit holder themselves
You can register with us!
REGISTER online or call 204-946-5140. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org. See you online!
We'd love to hear from you!
Please login to tell us what you think.