Filing taxes can be confusing, especially if it’s your first time.
Don’t worry, the Canada Revenue Agency created a Newcomer Toolkit to make it easier for you. The toolkit gathers a variety of resources to guide you every step of the way.
You’ll also learn more about Benefits and Credits, and how to protect yourself from scams.
CRA Newcomer Toolkit:
- Benefits and credits for newcomers to Canada (March 8, 2023) – Learn about Canada’s tax system, Canada Child Benefit (CCB), and GST/HST credit. You’ll also find ways to do your taxes, free tax help and other CRA services. You can ask questions and get answers during the event. Register here: Upcoming Events.
- You can also view past webinar recordings on a variety of topics at: Outreach materials to print and share (available in English and French).
Resources in a variety of languages:
- Benefits and credits for newcomers to Canada (3 min. video) – Available in Arabic, Cantonese, English, Farsi, French, Hindi, Mandarin, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Ukrainian, and Urdu.
- Newcomer Benefits and credits (factsheet) – Available in Arabic, Dari, English, French, Pashto, Punjabi, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Ukrainian.
- Canada Dental Benefit (factsheet) – Available in Arabic, English, French, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Hindi, Punjabi, Spanish, Tagalog, and Ukrainian.
- One-Time Top-Up to the Canada Housing Benefit (factsheet, poster, and postcard) – Available in Arabic, Cantonese, English, French, Hindi, Mandarin, Punjabi, Spanish, Tagalog, Ukrainian, and Urdu.
- Newcomer benefits and credits (infographic) – Available in Arabic, Dari, English, French, Pashto, Punjabi, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Ukrainian.
- Scam awareness (posters) – Available in Spanish, English, Farsi, French, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Arabic, Tagalog, Punjabi, Ukrainian, and Russian.
- Tax-filing season promotional kit (more resources in various languages) – Coming soon (in development).
Online learning tools:
- Learn about your taxes has short lessons, exercises, quizzes, and videos to help you understand how the Canadian tax system works.
- Multimedia gallery – Learn about your taxes has contains short, informative videos and a helpful infographic.
Free tax clinics:
- Free tax clinics – Canada.ca are places where eligible individuals (those with a modest income and a simple tax situation) can get their tax returns done for free by volunteers.
Follow the CRA on social media to receive updates:
Source: Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
We'd love to hear from you!
Please login to tell us what you think.