- December 30, 2015 at 2:28 pm #11570
What has really convinced you to look for a volunteering position?
There can be several reasons why people opt to volunteer.
Let us know whats that main reason.
- December 31, 2015 at 10:07 am #11638
I would like to share my thoughts that why I started to volunteer.
Main reason was to understand the working environment in Canada. How’s the working culture different here,which skills are needed to be learnt and which work place communications skills are required.
Therefore,volunteering helped me to understand all of the above.It gave me confidence and better communication skills.
- January 6, 2016 at 4:08 pm #11765NadineParticipant
I haven’t even started to look for volunteering position yet. No matter I would like to share my thoughts.
When I will have opportunity to volunteer, it will be just to be there for someone who need some help and I know that, in return, I will increase my understanding of Canadian culture, gain practical knowledge of Canadian workplaces, develop news skills and improve my speaking and listening English skills.
- January 14, 2016 at 6:21 pm #12058
I truly appreciate your thoughts and your positive attitude towards understanding Canadian culture. Keep it up!
- January 17, 2016 at 12:09 am #121657997XXinParticipant
The fact I realise that the vonlunteers have been one positive activity in Canada job culture, which is one connection to gain the local experience to get the job. the most important for me to find the vonlunteer job is to learn the local workplace culture and communicate with local people. i have to adapt the Cannadian’s workplace culture.
- January 21, 2016 at 8:35 am #123308034PSHARMParticipant
As Volunteering is not Culture in my country of residence so I am not used to it till now. But now I have started thinking about it.
In my view, nature and society has given us a lot, so it is our duty to pay it off now. That’s why I will like to work to save nature. This will be beneficial for forthcoming generations also.
- October 3, 2016 at 12:48 pm #20374Joy FrettParticipant
It’s my look that volunteering has multiple surprising benefits. I would like to list some of them below.
1) Volunteering connects you to others
2) Volunteering is good for your mind and body
3) Volunteering can advance your career
4) Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.