- November 12, 2015 at 6:18 pm #9828Blaine RobertsKeymaster
Idioms are so common. You can’t truly learn any language without having a good grasp of it’s expressions. Here are three activities designed to help you learn this week’s idioms;
1. Answer these forum questions:
a. Do you usually lift a finger around your home, or do you usually have someone wagging their finger at you because you need to do more?
b. Tell us about a time that you crossed your fingers that something good would happen.
2. Write your own dialogue using the 5 idioms. e-mail me your answer and I will give you feedback. You can then post your answer on the forum.
3. Use 2 or 3 of the idioms while talking to friends or family this weekend. Tell me how it went! e-mail me a brief description about the situation.I will give you feedback and then you can post it to the forum.
- November 15, 2015 at 3:36 am #9882Mervi NishanthaParticipant
a) Yes I do lift a finger around my home to help my wife to keep home clean and tidy.
I usually don’t wait till some wagging their finger at me.I am a self starter and keen on finding a end result.
b) I crossed my finger when my sister was going for her final exam at University.
- November 4, 2016 at 4:05 pm #218123369MMontoParticipant
I find it easy to learn the idioms because of a new way of teaching us like showing the flashcard with its meaning and how to pronounce it correctly by listening the dialogue
- December 27, 2016 at 12:02 pm #23095MichaelaParticipant
a) I usually lift my fingers to all the dishes at the kitchen but some things we will do it together with my husband.
b) When i was in the Philippines i was crossed my fingers during the medical exam, but after all the examination i was past and very much happy.
- April 19, 2017 at 3:20 pm #26484Kay ZelParticipant
a. Yes, I usually lift my finger at home to do my cleaning activities when I have free time because I am busy at work and taking care my kids. Anyway my husband wagging his finger to help me clean our home .
b. I remembered, I cross my finger when I am waiting for the result of my driving learning quiz here in Canada and I am happy when I passed the quiz.
- July 16, 2020 at 4:43 pm #66158jaspreetParticipant
1.i crossed my finger, when i was doing my job interview and i cleared it ,got a perfect job. 2.i always lift my finger with my sister in household chores.
3.in the classroom someone kept my lunchbox underneath the table and i could not find it.after few days later i received it from my peon,by this way i could not point a finger at anybody.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.