- March 24, 2016 at 12:49 pm #14899
Have you used the above idioms?
Write your response and comment on other’s responses too.
We will be glad to read them.
- March 26, 2016 at 11:17 am #149473338IAgawiParticipant
I am so busy studying my English online course, I didn’t notice its almost 12:30 AM, I closed my laptop and call it a night.
- March 27, 2016 at 12:13 pm #14976Nikita KovyazinParticipant
I know some people who declare to be night owls. However, they always call it a night if there is an opportunity to have a night on the town. Meanwhile, everyone burns the midnight oil (or used to do it studying at the University) from time to time, especially being here at English online :)
- April 5, 2016 at 11:25 am #15288
Yes, Irene you need to take rest instead of becoming a night owl.
- April 5, 2016 at 11:30 am #15289
Nikita, great to know you are burning the midnight oil to learn English. All the best!
- April 12, 2016 at 7:48 pm #154227427JGuzmaParticipant
Today is mi birthday night on the town
- April 22, 2016 at 11:00 am #158038849MEllinParticipant
I burn the midnight oil to study my online course. So when my friend invite me for her birthday to the night on the town. I just make excuses cause i know that I’m a night owl again later
- April 26, 2016 at 8:11 am #15930Sergey MironParticipant
i’m really night owl, but for running business i could be early bird.
- April 26, 2016 at 8:13 pm #15991YukuParticipant
I think 12:30 AM is not a correct way for time.
I have to be a night owl, because my working hours is from 6 P.M. to 2:30 A.M..
- January 6, 2019 at 8:25 pm #41389FaridaParticipant
Today I enjoyed the night on town for my friend’s birthday. As a night owl, I always burn my midnight oil for my study and work. I generally call it a night after 2.00 am. We can’t rely on these fly-by- night relationships in highly superficial materialistic world.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.