- When can I start studying with English Online?
- What is the difference between the registration account and the learning platform account?
- How long can I study with English Online?
- Do I have to attend all online classes?
- How can an e-Facilitator help me study with English Online?
- There are different multi-week courses on your website. How do I know when a course will be offered live?
- Do I have to register for every course/online class separately?
- Where do I find the course schedule?
- I have submitted my WELARC referral form and consent form, why was I rejected from LINC Home Study program?
- I was placed on the LINC Home Study waiting list. How long will I wait before I can start?
When can I start studying with English Online?
Register to join online activities and track your learning progress. We’ll help set-up your account after you register.
Start joining activities like Group Study and forum discussions. Ask for an e-Mentor or sign-up for LINC Home Study. Ask an e-Facilitator for help if you don’t know how to start.
What is the difference between the registration account and the learning platform account?
Your first welcome email will come within 2 business days after you complete the online registration. It will have the subject line “EnglishOnline_Your Registration Information” and come from email@example.com. It will contain your username and password. The password is only for the registration system. This is where you can update your personal information and apply for learning options.
Your second welcome email will come within 3-5 business days. It will have the subject line “Live & Learn Login Info”. It will contain login information and a link to set up your password. The password is only for the learning platform (Livelearn website). This is where you can join group online classes and forums.
How long can I study with English Online?
You can study with us as long as you still meet eligibility requirements. We serve Permanent Residents who are living in Manitoba. If you become a citizen or if you move out of the province for example, you will become ineligible.
Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org when you become ineligible or if you want to stop studying with us.
Do I have to attend all online classes?
No, you don’t. You can choose to attend classes that you like or have time for. But the more you attend the better the results. Practice makes perfect!
How can an e-Facilitator help me study with English Online?
E-Facilitators are your guides. They answer your questions. They can suggest ways to learn English better.
Ask your e-Facilitator to help you make a learning plan. A learning plan is a map that tells you how you can reach your learning goals. It will show what activities you need and how often you need to attend.
There are different multi-week courses on your website. How do I know when a course will be offered live?
Check the Currently Running and Upcoming section on this page: Multi-Week Workshops. Click on the course you want to attend. It will take you to the Course Description page. Check the lessons per week on the bottom of the page. You will see when the virtual classes will be held and what topic it will be on.
Do I have to register for every course/online class separately?
No. Go to the event page, or the online class or course page if you are a registered learner. Follow the instructions on the page. For example, for Coffee Chats and Lunch & Learn, just add your e-Facilitator on Skype and send a message that you will attend. Drop-in Workshops and Language Circles are held on Big Blue Button. You can join these sessions by clicking the “Join Event” button. You will see this button 10-15 minutes on the Event Page before it starts.
Where do I find the course schedule?
Go to the Events Calendar for Group Study activities. You will see when Coffee Chats, Language Circles, Lunch & Learns, Drop-in workshops and Multi-Week workshops will be held.
I have submitted my WELARC referral form and consent form, why was I rejected from LINC Home Study program?
There can be several reasons:
- You may not be eligible. You have to be registered with English Online to enroll to LINC.
- Your application may be incomplete. You will be rejected if:
- you uploaded a wrong document
- you forgot to upload a document
- the Adult EAL Referral Form is over a year. It has to be dated within last year. Go to WELARC to renew your referral if it has expired.
- your consent form lacks your signature and the signature of a witness. Check your consent form. Make sure all the fields are complete. Don’t forget to sign it and indicate the date.
- you did not meet the minimum CLB of 3/3/2/2 (Listening/Speaking/Reading/Writing)
- your referral form refers you to a face to face program or it does not refer you to LHS
All LINC Home Study applicants receive a letter after they apply. It will say why your application was rejected. It will also tell you what you need to do to re-apply.
I was placed on the LINC Home Study waiting list. How long will I wait before I can start?
It will depend on two things:
- how many people are on the waiting list, and
- the availability of an instructor that can teach you on the schedule that you want.
It can take weeks to several months.
Use your time well by joining other learning activities. Attend Coffee Chats or Drop-in sessions. Pair up with an EAL e-Tutor, or use self-study materials. We will tell you right away when you are next on the list and an instructor is available. We will send you an email with instructions to start learning with LINC Home Study.