Study the power point to get to know this week’s idioms.
Listen to the dialogue for better understanding and pronunciation.
Read the following dialogue to see the idioms in context:
|Gregory:||Hey Gab, can you lend me $10? The new game is out today. I really want to get it.|
|Gab:||Didn’t you just get a new game last week?|
|Gregory:||Yeah, but everyone’s getting this new game and it’s supposed to be awesome.|
|Gab:||You don’t have to jump on the bandwagon all the time. Didn’t I tell you to start saving your money instead of spending it all on games?|
|Gregory:||You’re starting to sound like a broken record. I promise to start tightening my belt after I get this game and pay you back.|
|Gab:||I hope you’ll stick to your promise and turn over a new leaf.|
|Gregory:||Oh wait … they’re launching a new game next week!|
|Gab:||Looks like you’re back to square one.|
Click to flip in the bottom right corner to see a definition. Click the next arrow to go to the next expression. Click Choose a Study Mode to select a different type of quiz for this vocabulary set.
Remember! Practice makes perfect.
New Year's Resolution Idioms
0 of 6 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 6 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Question 1 of 6
1. Gregory wants to impress his friends. That’s why he jumps on the bandwagon all the time. This means . . .CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 6
2. Mom keeps nagging me to clean my room. She sounds like a broken record. This means . . .CorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 6
3. I’m saving up for a vacation. That’s why I’m tightening my belt this month. This means that I’m . . .CorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 6
4. “Stick to the main road and you won’t get lost”. Stick to in this sentence means to. . .CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 6
5. Stephen stopped smoking and drinking. He’s turning over a new leaf. This means Stephen . . .CorrectIncorrect
- Question 6 of 6
6. “My computer crashed after I finished writing the article. When my editor asked me to submit it, I told him I had to go back to square one.” This means the writer. . .CorrectIncorrect
Join the Discussion
To "Mark Complete" you must login and complete all the lesson topics.
Please login to view e-facilitator contact information.