Study the power point to get to know this week’s idioms.
Listen to a conversation between Yulia and Kaori.
Read the following dialogue to see the idioms in context:
|Yulia:||Are you surprised that Niko and Briar are together?|
|Kaori:||Yes, a little bit. But they say opposites attract, don’t they?|
|Yulia:||It might be puppy love, but they look great together!|
|Kaori:||I think they’re totally head over heels in love. The other day, Niko was telling me that he has a feeling that they might be tying the knot soon.|
|Yulia:||Really? That’s so exciting!|
|Kaori:||He seems to like that Briar has a heart of gold.|
|Yulia:||I’m so happy for both of them. I remember that Niko had had a difficult time when his ex walked out on him.|
Click to flip in the bottom right corner to see a definition. Click the next arrow to go to the next expression. Click Choose a Study Mode to select a different type of quiz for this vocabulary set.
Remember! Practice makes perfect.
Valentine's Day idioms
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Question 1 of 5
1. Elsa likes to party while George is a homebody, yet they’ve been married for 25 years now. This proves that opposites attract. Opposites attract in this statement means . . .CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 5
2. Meg and Alice easily broke up because it was only puppy love. This means . . .CorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 5
3. All John does all day is think about his girlfriend. I think he’s head over heels in love with her. This means that John is . . .CorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 5
4. Nick and Priyanka are tying the knot in lavish ceremonies following traditional customs. Tying the knot in this sentence means. . .CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 5
5. Instead of holding a big birthday party, Matthew spent his money buying food for the homeless and elderly. He really has a heart of gold. This means that Matthew . . .CorrectIncorrect
Join the Discussion
To "Mark Complete" you must login and complete all the lesson topics.