Study the power point to get to know this week’s idioms.
Listen to the dialogue for better understanding and pronunciation.
Read the following dialogue to see the idioms in context:
|Albert:||I am so stressed about the exams now…|
|Jennifer:||Me too, with all these definitions we have to learn by heart! Well, I still hope to find some time to hit the books this weekend.|
|Albert:||Last semester, I didn’t allow myself enough time to study Sociology and I failed my test. I learned the hard way that I need to prepare in advance.|
|Jennifer:||You know, I often find that if I study with a partner and discuss what I’ve learned, it sticks in my mind better. Why don’t we get together for some study time on Saturday?|
|Albert:||What an excellent idea! I just have to make sure I put my thinking cap on that day!|
|Jennifer:||And don’t forget to bring your tablet so that you can save your notes and review them on the go.|
|Albert:||Perfect! Where did you get so smart?|
|Jennifer:||I studied at the university of life.|
|Albert:||Oh, that’s right.|
Quiz time! Click to flip in the bottom right corner to see a definition. Click the next arrow to go to the next expression. Click Choose a Study Mode to select a different type of quiz for this vocabulary set.
Remember! Practice makes perfect.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Question 1 of 5
- When you know something by heart, you ____________
- Question 2 of 5
- As I was trying to find the keys in the dark, my brother told me there was a flashlight on my phone!
- Question 3 of 5
- I lost some of my investments when the company went bankrupt. I had to _________ how the stock market worked.
- Question 4 of 5
- Exams are fast approaching. I need to find some time to _____________ .
- Question 5 of 5
- Jane’s education secured her career as a lawyer, but she often emphasized that she had received many lessons from ________ .
Join the Discussion
To "Mark Complete" you must login and complete all the lesson topics.