We have now reached week 3 of Workplace Communications! This week, we are engaging in a number of activities that allow you to practise your presentation and telephoning skills to prepare for a Canadian workplace.
Are you uncomfortable speaking English over the phone? No matter whether English is your first language or not, it’s generally more difficult to communicate with someone when you are deprived of visual clues, and your interlocutor’s facial expressions and gestures. But there are some strategies you can apply during phone conversations to reassure the message is correct. You will learn about those when you go through the topics listed below.
- use phone communication strategies
- leave a perfect voicemail message
- prepare a presentation on a work-related theme
- language functions for requesting, repeating, checking information over the phone
- language functions for greetings, introductions, transitions and other situations when giving presentations
To "Mark Complete" you must login and complete all the lesson topics.
Please login to view e-facilitator contact information.