Study the power point to get to know this week’s idioms.
Listen to the dialogue for better understanding and pronunciation.
Read the following dialogue to see the idioms in context:
|Martha:||Hey, you are jogging today, again!|
|Kelly:||Yeah, my joints hurt so badly, I couldn’t exercise for a few days. Probably, I have to slow down and act my age.|
|Martha:||No, you are in great shape. I am the same age with you, but I can hardly keep it up!|
|Kelly:||Oh, Martha, you have nothing to complain about…|
|Martha:||So, are you going to Winnipeg for the Summer Games?|
|Kelly:||We wanted to go, but with three kids, it seems like we cannot make it this year.|
|Martha:||Aw, what happened to you guys? A few years earlier, you would never let such thing go!|
|Kelly:||You know, it’s harder now. Those were the good times, though. Probably the golden age of our marriage…. Anyway, are you going?|
|Martha:||Oh, yeah, I am. But just to watch though. In sports, you age out quickly, you know.|
|Kelly:||Are you trying to tell me we are over the hill now?|
|Martha:||Well, we are still young at heart, so let’s see who gets to the end of the trail faster today!|
|Kelly:||Oh, come on now…|
Click to flip in the bottom right corner to see a definition. Click the next arrow to go to the next expression. Click Choose a Study Mode to select a different type of quiz for this vocabulary set.
Remember! Practice makes perfect.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to pass the previous Module's quiz in order to start this quiz:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Question 1 of 5
1. QuestionAt times, Robert thought that his son would never change. But Jimmie came to a point in his life when he put away his printed T-shirts and metal chains, and started to ______________ .CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 5
2. QuestionAlthough the candidate is _______________ , has tons of energy, and is an extremely hard worker, he will have turned 70 by the end of the contract. By law, it makes him ineligible for this position.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 5
3. QuestionIn IT industry, workers are challenged by the constant development of technology. If they don’t keep up their skills and qualifications, programmers quickly ______ of their field.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 5
4. QuestionDeborah’s memories quickly took her ___________ of television, when the whole family would gather every evening for the long round of talk shows and soap operas.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 5
5. QuestionAlthough in her fifties, my aunt is far from being ______ yet. With her spirit and energy, you never have a dull moment in her company.CorrectIncorrect
Join the Discussion
To "Mark Complete" you must login and complete all the lesson topics.
Please login to view e-facilitator contact information.