Study the power point to get to know this week’s idioms.
Listen to the dialogue for better understanding and pronunciation.
Read the following dialogue to see the idioms in context:
|Natalia:||Oh, my! Look at you – you’re all dressed up to the nines!|
|Len:||Thank you! I love this suit – it fits like a glove and it gives me confidence when I need it the most!|
|Natalia:||Oh, absolutely! I mean, today is the day! You’ve been working towards this degree for the past 5 years.|
|Len:||I can’t believe it’s been that long! I still remember my first day in the lab. You were like, “Roll up your sleeves and get to work! We have lots to do!”|
|Natalia:||No, no, I don’t think I’m that bossy!… Or am I?…|
|Len:||Well, I am not saying you are bossy, but I have no doubt about who’s wearing the pants in your family.|
|Natalia:||Well, ok, let’s say I am assertive.|
|Len:||Yes, you are. Anyway, I am lucky to have you as my supervisor. I take my hat off to you for all your help and advice on the research.|
|Natalia:||Oh, thank you! But you have to hurry up, because you’ll be late for your presentation.|
Click to flip in the bottom right corner to see a definition. Click the next arrow to go to the next expression. Click Choose a Study Mode to select a different type of quiz for this vocabulary set.
Remember! Practice makes perfect.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to pass the previous Module's quiz in order to start this quiz:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Question 1 of 5
1. QuestionAfter Jenny lost weight, her work suits didn’t sit well anymore. She had a tailor take them in, and now they ______________ again.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 5
2. QuestionBartlett is an experienced therapist in couples’ counseling. When her new clients come in, she knows right away who really ____________ in the family.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 5
3. QuestionAlthough Dale didn’t have much experience in the industry, he wasn’t afraid ________ and work until he mastered a thing or two.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 5
4. QuestionWhen you show respect for the work someone has done, you ________________ .CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 5
5. QuestionWhen he came to pick Donna up for a date night, Daniel couldn’t recognize the girl he met at the coffee shop the other day. Donna _____________ .CorrectIncorrect
Join the Discussion
To "Mark Complete" you must login and complete all the lesson topics.
Please login to view e-facilitator contact information.