Study the power point to get to know this week’s idioms.
Listen to the dialogue for better understanding and pronunciation.
Read the following dialogue to see the idioms in context:
|Len:||Once we are done with all the renovations this summer, I am ready for some major down time.|
|Yuliana:||You really need that. It might be a good idea to travel somewhere to unwind, eh?|
|Len:||Yeah, I’ve been checking a couple of places to go to, but I think I will stick with my all-time favorite spot.|
|Yuliana:||You want to go to the same place again? I’d rather try something else for a change.|
|Len:||To me, some resorts are just eye candy. They have some nice things, but I only need bed and board to have a relaxing holiday.|
|Yuliana:||I wish I could do that, but I am so pulled to the Internet. You know, I manage my own business, and I can hardly spend a day without sending emails or answering phone calls…|
|Len:||All this multitasking is no good for you. You really need to unplug for some time.|
|Yuliana:||Yeah, right, who’s going to check my inbox then?|
|Len:||At least for a few days! Come on, I will make sure there are no hot spots at the place we are going to!|
Click to flip in the bottom right corner to see a definition. Click the next arrow to go to the next expression. Click Choose a Study Mode to select a different type of quiz for this vocabulary set.
Remember! Practice makes perfect.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to pass the previous Module's quiz in order to start this quiz:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Question 1 of 5
1. QuestionEven when she is cooking three dishes on the stove and stuffing the turkey in the meantime, Evelyn always gets her dinner right. She must be good at ___________ .CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 5
2. QuestionThere is tons of __________ at this fashion store, but it’s definitely not a place to find some practical pieces of everyday wardrobe.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 5
3. QuestionThere is just not enough time in the week to get everything done - grocery shopping, mowing the lawn, even sitting down to pay the bills. Forget about _______ .CorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 5
4. QuestionJess ran down the terminal desperately trying to find the nearest _________ because the layover time was very short and he wouldn’t be able to use a phone or the Internet for another 15 hours.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 5
5. QuestionWhen she felt her daily duties had become too overwhelming, Natalie altered some eating and sleeping habits and tried to sit back and devote a certain amount of time every day _____ .CorrectIncorrect
Join the Discussion
To "Mark Complete" you must login and complete all the lesson topics.
Please login to view e-facilitator contact information.