Study the power point to get to know this week’s idioms.
Listen to the dialogue for better understanding and pronunciation.
Now, read the script of the dialog. Listen to the dialog again. This is one of the best ways to build your listening skills!
|Syd:||Hi, Len! Have you heard anything from Sarah?|
|Len:||Hi, Syd! Yes, I heard she had lost her job.|
|Syd:||Oh, I hope there were no hard feelings for her! I know she liked working at the bakery.|
|Len:||Actually, it was quite unexpected! She called me the day it happened. She sounded like she had to let off steam.|
|Syd:||Wow, I know having a full time job was important to her!|
|Len:||Right, she was a valuable team member and the manager thought the world of her, but unfortunately, her position had to be eliminated.|
|Syd:||That’s devastating! Not knowing what is coming next is enough to keep you on tenterhooks.|
|Len:||I agree. She is very strong though. The way she handled the news spoke volumes about her character.|
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Question 1 of 5
- Jim was kept on tenterhooks while the panel discussed his performance. This means…
- Question 2 of 5
- Isabelle had no hard feelings when she got a resignation letter. This means…
- Question 3 of 5
- Mary thought the world of her new boss: he seemed very intelligent and experienced leader. This means…
- Question 4 of 5
- David’s reaction to his daughter passing the test spoke volumes about his engagement in her life: he was extremely happy! This means…
- Question 5 of 5
- Taxi drivers get stressed when they are stuck in traffic for a long time, and have to let off steam after a difficult day. This means…
Join the Discussion
To "Mark Complete" you must login and complete all the lesson topics.
Please login to view e-facilitator contact information.