Study the power point to get to know this week’s idioms.
Listen to the dialogue for better understanding and pronunciation.
Read the following dialogue to see the idioms in context:
|Len:||Hey Pei-Jean, Do you have any plans for your holidays this year?|
|Pei-Jean:||Yes! We are going to go to Elkhorn Ski Resort!.|
|Len:||That’s an about face!|
|Pei-Jean:||What do you mean?|
|Len:||Well, I thought you were going to go shopping in Grand Forks.|
|Pei-Jean:||We were, but I really wanted to go skiing, so I talked to my husband about it. We discovered that we can ski at the resort and go shopping there.|
|Len:||That’s right! They have some lovely shops nearby. That’s a real win-win situation!|
|Pei-Jean:||No kidding! We are so happy! How about you? What are your plans?|
|Len:||I don’t know. I am sitting on the fence at the moment. I may go visit my sister in Texas, Or I may go to New York with my mother. I’m not sure yet, So I’m trying to keep my options open.|
|Pei-Jean:||Having a plan B is always a good idea. No matter what you decide, I hope you have a wonderful time!|
|Len:||Thanks Pei-Jean. I hope the same for you!|
Click to flip in the bottom right corner to see a definition. Click the next arrow to go to the next expression. Click Choose a Study Mode to select a different type of quiz for this vocabulary set.
Remember! Practice makes perfect.
Now test your knowledge about idioms to make choices!
Test your knowledge about idioms to make choices
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to pass the previous Module's quiz in order to start this quiz:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Question 1 of 5
1. QuestionTom abruptly changed his mind about his plans for the holidays. He ...CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 5
2. QuestionTom wanted to go skiing for the holidays, but Jan wanted to go shopping. They decided to go to a place where they could both ski and shop. Tom and Jan ...CorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 5
3. QuestionAlejandro has not yet made a commitment as to what school he is going to attend in the new year. He isCorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 5
4. QuestionJorge is not sure what pair of shoes he wants to buy. He can only afford one pair, but he likes them all. At this point Jorge is ...CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 5
5. QuestionIf it's stormy to go skiing during the holidays, Matt and Lian have decided they will stay at a local hotel. Matt and Lian ...CorrectIncorrect
Join the Discussion
To "Mark Complete" you must login and complete all the lesson topics.
Please login to view e-facilitator contact information.