Study the power point to get to know this week’s idioms.
Listen to the dialogue for better understanding and pronunciation.
Read the following dialogue to see the interjections in context:
|Johanna:||Hi Marge! What’s up?|
|Marge:||Brr, it’s so cold outside! Finally, I am back in the office.|
|Johanna:||Aw, it’s not that bad! So, you went to that new little place for lunch, eh? Mmm, smells delicious!|
|Marge:||Uh-huh, their BLT sandwiches are pretty good. I didn’t get coffee though, and I am ready to drop, should I make some for us to last through the day?|
|Johanna:||Nah, I’m good.|
|Marge:||All right, I am just gonna make some for myself, then.|
|Marge:||(a few seconds later) … Do you know if we still have any coffee pods left? I can’t find any in the cupboard…|
|Johanna:||Hmm, have you checked on the counter? We might have run out of those.|
|Marge:||Oh shoot, this means I have to go out in the cold again! Hold on – there is one left! Yay!|
|Johanna:||Aw, good for you!|
Click to flip in the bottom right corner to see a definition. Click the next arrow to go to the next expression. Click Choose a Study Mode to select a different type of quiz for this vocabulary set.
Remember! Practice makes perfect.
Type an interjection that suits the context in each question.
0 of 8 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 8 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Question 1 of 8
- So, you liked the new movie we saw yesterday, ___ ?
- I did, it was quite interesting.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 8
- Hey, I’ve got something for you.
- ______ , how sweet of you to think about me! I love these candies!CorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 8
- “______ ”, said Joe shivering in the cold. “The temperature dropped to -30°C this morning.”
- Question 4 of 8
- Did you get milk at the store?
- ________ , 2% though, there was no whole left.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 8
- I went back to the office only to see the door was closed. Everyone had already left.
- ____ , that doesn’t sound right. They should have left a note for you.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 6 of 8
- I am going to take a short walk, do want to go with me?
- ____ , I am going to stay home this time.CorrectIncorrect
- Question 7 of 8
_____ , I left my phone at home. I won’t be able to call you ...CorrectIncorrect
- Question 8 of 8
- Where is everyone? The meeting is about to start.
- _____ , they might still be looking for parking. It’s this time of the day...CorrectIncorrect
Join the Discussion
To "Mark Complete" you must login and complete all the lesson topics.
Please login to view e-facilitator contact information.