Study the power point to get to know this week’s idioms.
Listen to the dialogue for better understanding and pronunciation.
Read the following dialogue to see the idioms in context:
|Tatiana:||Hey Natalia. What’s going on?|
|Natalia:||Why? Do I look nervous? I could hardly sleep last night.|
|Tatiana:||Well, you look great – fresh as a daisy, but you do seem a little nervous. Normally you are so happy-go-lucky.|
|Natalia:||I am just a little nervous because I am doing several presentations today.|
|Tatiana:||You have done many presentations, with great success. What’s different this time?|
|Natalia:||This time I will be presenting in front of people from all over Manitoba, including some of the top dogs in the industry. I hope I am ready for this! I don’t want to feel like a small fry!|
|Tatiana:||A small fry? Are you kidding me? Everyone knows how accomplished you are. I don’t think anyone will see you as a small fry!|
|Natalia:||I hope your right, but maybe …|
|Tatiana:||Maybe what, Natalia?|
|Natalia:||On the other hand, I don’t want to come across as high and mighty. I heard the master of ceremonies is quick tempered. Maybe …|
|Tatiana:||Natalia, maybe you should just get out there, relax and do a wonderful presentation!|
|Natalia:||Thanks for the kind words, Tatiana.|
|Tatiana:||No problem! Just remember to give me a call when you are done and let me know how it went.|
Click to flip in the bottom right corner to see a definition. Click the next arrow to go to the next expression. Click Choose a Study Mode to select a different type of quiz for this vocabulary set.
Remember! Practice makes perfect.
Now test your knowledge about personality idioms!
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to pass the previous Module's quiz in order to start this quiz:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Question 1 of 5
1. QuestionSamantha gets lots of sleep everyday, and she always has a good breakfast and exercises every morning. She always feels lively, energetic and ready for the day. We can say she ...CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 5
2. QuestionJohnathon is the newest worker at his accounting office, despite this he is the most knowledgeable regarding several of the latest accounting techniques. Johnathon is always sure to let others in the office know how much he knows. We can say Johnathon feels ...CorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 5
3. QuestionIwona is a very positive person, and she never worries too much, even when dealing with very challenging situations. She has a reputation of being ....CorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 5
4. QuestionBecky and her best friend Angelina have been the top sales agents in their office over the last 18 months. They now manage several new agents. They are ...CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 5
5. QuestionFrankie is new at his office and is having challenges understanding exactly what his boss requires of him. In addition to this, he hasn't made any new friends yet. At this time, Frankie seems to feel ...CorrectIncorrect
Join the Discussion
To "Mark Complete" you must login and complete all the lesson topics.
Please login to view e-facilitator contact information.