Study the power point to get to know this week’s idioms.
Listen to the dialogue for better understanding and pronunciation.
|Maria:||Hey Jennifer! Long time no see. I thought I’d see you at PJ’s get-together.|
|Jennifer:||I was planning to go but my boyfriend is such a party pooper. He said he was tired that night and just wanted a quiet dinner.|
|Maria:||Everyone was looking for you! No party is complete without you. You know you’re the gang’s social butterfly.|
|Jennifer:||Aw. I do miss everyone. How about a barbecue this weekend?|
|Maria:||A barbecue? In the middle of winter? Everyone’s going to have a good laugh when we invite them.|
|Jennifer:||Come on! It will be interesting. I’ll set up the indoor grill at my place around 6 or 7 pm. What do you say?|
|Maria:||Sounds like a plan. I’ll tell the guys!|
Click to flip in the bottom right corner to see a definition. Click the next arrow to go to the next expression. Click Choose a Study Mode to select a different type of quiz for this vocabulary set.
Remember! Practice makes perfect.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Question 1 of 5
1. I didn’t know it’s been 20 years since we graduated from high school! My friends from high school recently invited me to a quick get-together. A get-together means…CorrectIncorrect
- Question 2 of 5
2. I was looking forward to the parlour games at the party but we had to go because my husband’s boss asked him to go to the office. His boss is such a party pooper. Party pooper means:CorrectIncorrect
- Question 3 of 5
3. She the perfect brand ambassador for the product. She speaks and dresses well. Plus, she loves to party and meet new people. She’s a total ___________CorrectIncorrect
- Question 4 of 5
4. We all had a good laugh when Kimiko jumped up in surprise when everyone shouted “Happy birthday!” She didn’t expect the party. Had a good laugh means …CorrectIncorrect
- Question 5 of 5
5. All our volunteers have been trained and given assignments. I told my boss that we could do a dry-run on Monday and open the event as early 8:00 am on Tuesday. Our boss said “sounds like a plan”. This means that the boss . . .CorrectIncorrect
Join the Discussion
To "Mark Complete" you must login and complete all the lesson topics.