Step 1. Check Your Eligibility
Do you fit into one of the following groups?
- Permanent Residents of Canada currently living in Manitoba (not yet citizens)
- Individuals who have been selected, inside of Manitoba, to become permanent residents and have been informed by a letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC, formerly CIC)
- Protected persons as defined in Section 95 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Temporary foreign worker and spouse (married or common law) or adult dependent (children 18 to 23 years old)
- Refugee claimant and spouse or adult dependent
- Canadian born citizen who presents as a newcomer and spouse or adult dependent
- Spouse or adult dependent of a study permit holder but not the study permit holder themselves
Starting April 1st, 2017 we will only accept eligible applicants already residing in Manitoba. If you are still in your home country, you are welcome to use various resources and settlement information on our website. When you arrive in Manitoba, please register with us. We look forward to helping you settle in Manitoba!
If you have questions about your eligibility, please email us at email@example.com.
Step 2. Prepare required documents
You’ll be asked to upload a proof of eligibility documents. Get these documents ready now.
- You will upload one of the following immigration documents in the “Upload Proof” field in the online registration system (acceptable file formats: pdf, jpeg, png). Scan or take a picture of one of the following:
- Permanent Resident Card, OR
- Record of Landing (IMM 1000), OR
- Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688), OR
- A letter from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada ( Centralized Intake Office (CIO). This letter (or email) should indicate that your information has been reviewed and your application is considered complete ( for individuals in Manitoba who have been selected to become permanent residents).
If you don’t have the documents listed above, email Mounira Ajenkar, Intake Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3. Complete the Online Registration
To register, you will need to provide your email address. We recommend Gmail or Yahoo accounts. Click the button below to open the online registration system.
Step 4. Receive 2 welcome emails
- EnglishOnline_Your Registration Information: After you complete the online registration, you will receive a first welcome email within 2 business days. It will have the subject line “EnglishOnline_Your Registration Information” and come from email@example.com. This will contain your username and password. The password is only for the registration system.
- Live & Learn Login Info: You will receive a second welcome email within 3-5 business days. It will have the subject line “Live & Learn Login Info”. This will contain login information and a link to set up your password. The password is only for the learning platform (Live&Learn website). Feel free to contact your eFacilitator if you have any questions.
Step 5. Log In and Learn!
While you are waiting for your login information, you can access valuable articles, exercises, and workshop materials. After you receive the 2nd welcome email, you can also track your learning, join discussion forums, access live workshops, and connect one-on-one with an e-facilitator or e-volunteer.