Take the following quiz to learn social media terms and abbreviations.
Test Your Learning
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Question 1 of 1
Drag and drop terms from the box to match them with their correct definitions below.
- a person’s username on an online forum or social media site.
- a word or group of words that starts with number sign (#) and is used to group together similar ideas and topics; for example #careeradvice. It is used to facilitate a search for similar ideas, topics. Whenever a user adds it to their post, it is immediately indexed by the social network and searchable by other users.
- keywords attached to a blog post, bookmark, photo or other item of content so users can find them easily through searches and aggregation.
- retweet. This means that the tweet is reposted by another user.
- modified tweet. This means that the tweet is a paraphrase of a tweet originally written by someone else.
- direct message. A direct message is a message sent privately to another user.
- is short for Really Simple Syndication. It allows you to subscribe to content on blogs and other social media and have it delivered to you through a feed.
- the means by which you can read, view or listen to items from blogs and other RSS-enabled sites without visiting the site, by subscribing and using an aggregator or a newsreader.
- a topic that is the subject of many posts on a social media website within a short period of time.
- declare your recognition of someone’s skills and achievements on social networking sites such as LinkedIn.
- relating to or involving an image, video, piece of information, etc., that is circulated rapidly and widely from one Internet user to another.
- social or professional network of users on social networking platform Google +.
Please login to view e-facilitator contact information.